Introduction to Essential oils & Natural Perfumery is a 10-hour hands on workshop spread over two days.
The workshop covers beginner basics and tips to get you started in using essential oils safely; good basic knowledge of key essential oils, blending techniques and practical skills. The workshop is structured to allow adequate time for group and individual work, questions and answers, as well as written notes to take away.
We shall explore the following topics and you will learn how to create your own 10ml natural perfume rollerball using essential oils:
- A brief history of perfumery and perfume materials, from antiquity to modern day usage and inspiration
- Understanding Perfume structure, classification & the classic fragrance families
- The art and science of blending, exploring and smelling 16 essentials oils
- Perfume vocabulary, the art of smelling and training the nose developing creativity and fragrance ideas
- Discussing the link between memory, emotion, imagination and scent
- Safety, dilutions, storage, creating a formula and record keeping
Did You Know
If you're a Southwark resident of more than 2 years and are over 19 years old you can attend one free workshop a year with us!*
See our terms and conditions for more information.
To book a place please click your ticket type and proceed to our online booking page.
Please note that when selecting the ticket type Southwark Resident you must be over 19 years old and have lived in Southwark for more than 2 years. If you have attended a workshop with us as a funded Southwark Resident place within September 2017 and July 2018 then you will be asked to pay the full price or benefits charge for the workshop.