Award Or Certificate In Work Based Horticulture
Mondays 16:00 - 19:00
An accredited City and Guilds training centre, the Garden has been successfully running NVQ training in horticulture aimed at the unemployed for over 19 years. We aim to build students’ confidence, motivation and self-esteem, as well as providing them with the necessary skills to re-enter the labour market.
If you are aged 19 and over, would like to gain experience and knowledge, or kick-start a new career in gardening, then look no further.
Our 10 week evening course run by our Senior Horticulture Tutor and Botanist Peter Martin, will provide you with the skills to gain a certificate or an award in Work Based Horticulture.
Throughout the 10 weeks you will cover a wide range of areas both on and offsite, such as
- Gardening skills & information for beginners; with equipment provided
- Maintaining plants and gardens
- Plant identification
- CV writing & assistance in finding employment
- You will take part in activities on and off site, giving you a wider range of experience.
- People of all abilities and disabilities are welcome to apply, and your benefits will not be affected.
- Many students go on into full-time employment, some making a very successful career in horticulture and others going on to train at a higher level with us.
Places are FREE* for Southwark residents, everyone is welcome and charges of up to £90 may apply to non-Southwark residents.
To sign up for the course or for more information please fill out the form below.
*Southwark Adult learning Services offer to fund one free place for every Southwark resident each year, subject to availability. You need to have been resident for at least two years, not be in any other training and have a national insurance number.