Working With Walworth Garden
Part Time Horticultural Therapist
To take up role, ideally in January 2018, on a one day a week basis, Walworth Garden is looking for an experienced Horticultural Therapist to join the team. (The group will operate on either Monday, Thursday or Friday)
Walworth Garden has a long running reputation for promoting the benefits of gardening and horticulture to the local community and beyond. For many years, the Organisation has successfully run the ‘Green Fingers’ group where vulnerable adults have benefited from weekly attendance.
We are seeking an experienced Horticultural Therapist to lead Walworth Garden’s new offer of horticultural therapy. Current service users have diverse needs, so applicants need to have experience of working with a wide variety of conditions.
Walworth Garden’s mission is “To change lives by delivering excellent learning and horticultural therapy in an award winning garden that’s open to all”.
More specifically the Garden provides among other things:
- A peaceful haven which is open 7 days a week and which operates on organic principles
- Accredited Horticultural training, QCF Level 2 in Work Based Horticulture at Award, Certificate and Diploma levels
- Horticultural Therapy to vulnerable adults
- A variety of funded courses available to all adults, but free to Southwark residents
- A Garden Centre supplying the local community
Salary: 24K Pro rata (One day a week)
To apply for this job please download the application pack below.
If you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, please call our CEO, Oli on 020 7582 2652.
Full Time Trainee Gardener/ Driver
Walworth Garden is looking for an addition to their team of gardeners. Located between Kennington and Elephant & Castle tube stations this 30 year old charity is expanding.
We are proud to be a London Living Wage employer and seek an enthusiastic, hard working team player.
Person Specification - Candidates must :
- Be 21+
- Hold a full clean driving license
- Have a good knowledge of plants and weeds
- Have a good knowledge of using garden machinery
- Have a good work ethic, be punctual and willing to learn more
- Have a passion for horticulture & working outdoors
- We pay the London living wage
- Generous holiday allowance of 28 days
- Small and very friendly team
- Pension scheme
- Overtime available
- Flexible working hours
Please note: Team work is a vital part of this role and suitable candidates will be asked to volunteer for a maximum of three days before a decision can be made. Only candidates who are happy to demonstrate their collaborative nature in such a way, should apply.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV to apply