Essential Oils & Natural Perfumery
Introduction to Essential oils & Natural Perfumery is a 10-hour hands on workshop spread over two days.
The workshop covers beginner basics and tips to get you started in using essential oils safely; good basic knowledge of key essential oils, blending techniques and practical skills. The workshop is structured to allow adequate time for group and individual work, questions and answers, as well as written notes to take away.
We shall explore the following topics and you will learn how to create your own 10ml natural perfume rollerball using essential oils:
- A brief history of perfumery and perfume materials, from antiquity to modern day usage and inspiration
- Understanding Perfume structure, classification & the classic fragrance families
- The art and science of blending, exploring and smelling 16 essentials oils
- Perfume vocabulary, the art of smelling and training the nose developing creativity and fragrance ideas
- Discussing the link between memory, emotion, imagination and scent
- Safety, dilutions, storage, creating a formula and record keeping
Meet Tanya Moulding
Having donned many varied ‘job hats’ – some more glamorous and fitting than others, I trained with the Tisserand Institute and finally found my groove as an Aromatherapist, combining my love of plants, nature, healing, wellbeing and lifestyle with the unique combination of touch and smell. Since leaving the office behind, I have been working within the field of olfaction for over 15 years, combining my clinical practice as an Aromatherapist with education/training and developing creative, interactive events, exploring ‘smell’ and its many therapeutic and psychological effects.
I truly love to sniff out unusual odours, create products, investigate the history and uses of plants and their extracts and offer innovative ways to reconnect with our senses and the world around us, using smell as the platform.
What You Need To Know
No previous experience is required!
Essential oils & Natural Perfumery is a two day workshop starting 10:00 - 15:00
All equipment will be provided on the day.
The workshop is held at the Garden, you can find details on how to get here via our Your Visit page.