Friday 20 15:00 - 18:00 & Saturday 21 10:00 - 17:00
The Beekeeping workshop is a 10 hour course spread over two days for adults over 19 years old and will include a mix of discussion in the classroom and demonstration in the apiary.
The course aims to introduce participants to the way beekeeping involves working with the bees’ natural instincts and how bees provide humans with a useful indicator as to the health of our environment.
Participants (properly suited!) will spend time examining bees close-up and identifying some of the aspects of bee behavior we will have discussed in class including:
- Lifecycle of the individual bee
- Lifecycle of the honeybee colony
- Bee cooperation and communication
- Requirements of the honeybee colony
- Beekeeping as a collaboration
- Examples of beekeeping methods, techniques and equipment.
- Neither previous experience nor special equipment is necessary although it would be a good idea to bring footwear / and socks that cover feet and ankles as the bee-suits wont.
Did You Know
Get 20% off a workshop and 30% off your next when you book both workshops together!
You can 'Gift' any one of our workshops for someone