Friday 18:00 - 21:00 & Saturday 10:00 - 17:00
Having gardened both professionally and personally for over 40 years, Oli will be guiding you through planning and design to fruition. From understanding the potential of your site to the practical steps you might take to see it actually take shape and all the challenges you might encounter on the way.
Oli has successfully created countless urban gardens and guided clients to make the most appropriate decisions. He brings a breadth of knowledge and experience that will encourage you to consider your next steps when planning your own green space. From the initial understanding of site, screening and aspect, to the urban microclimate, Oli will be demystifying some of the terminology that novice gardeners might encounter on the journey to creating your own distinct urban paradise
Whether you have just started creating your space or are in the middle of something exciting, join this workshop to energise and radicalise your thinking!
Areas that will be considered during this two day workshop will be:
- The particularities of urban gardening - The Precious Space
- Developing your own style - planting, 1950s suburbia
- Site, aspect, boundaries, screening out the neighbours.
- Rising to the challenges of your own individual site
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Utility areas, water, storage etc
- The Art of Planting - evergreen and deciduous - trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, climbers and weeds -what, when, where and why?
- How to draw your site to aid your planning
- Which plants and how to plant them - what sort of gardener will you be?
- Plant and colour palettes
- pH and soil types - what action to take if any.
- You are encouraged to bring photographs and/or drawings of your garden.
Did You Know
If you're a resident of the EEA (The European Economic Area) for 3 years or more and are over 19 years old you can attend one free workshop per academic year!*
We have a limited number of free places, so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment!
See our terms and conditions for more information.
To find out if you're eligible for a free workshop or to book a place please answer the questions below.
Is This Your First Workshop With Us Between August 2018 - July 2019?
Are you over 19 and a resident of the EEA (The European Economic Area)?