Start date - Late August or soon after
Salary range - £23-£30K - dependant on knowledge and experience
Deadline for applications - Friday 17 August 2018
We seek a passionate, dynamic, experienced and inspirational Garden Manager to play a leading role in our continued success
The Garden Manager will deputise for the CEO/Head Gardener in their absence.
You will be responsible for:
- The upkeep and ongoing creative maintenance and development of Walworth Garden and its Garden centre
- Leading a team of 6 gardeners in all aspects of their work (including clearance, maintenance, planting, design, construction and landscaping)
- Teaching Work Based Horticulture at Level 2
- Leading, with taste and discerning, in all aspects of propagation and cultivation of nursery stock in our industrial sized, heated greenhouse
- Engaging and maintaining a team of committed volunteers
We’ll support you along the way with any necessary professional development to facilitate your success
Who we're looking for
- To be a successful applicant, you'll need to be;
- An experienced, qualified and innovative Horticulturist
- An excellent manager of yourself and others
- Able to multitask, be organised, flexible and want to teach others what you know
- Have a passion and desire to take Walworth Garden to even greater heights and increased sustainability
- Be a committed environmentalist with an understanding of all things organic
- 28 days holiday allowance
- Pension plan
To apply with an email/letter and CV with details of two referees, see our full job description and person specification, please go to : Insert website link
Interested parties are welcome to visit the Garden and/or the website in advance.
For an informal and confidential chat, call Oli, CEO & Head Gardener 020 7582 2652
Do you love Walworth Garden and what it provides and stands for?
Would you like to be part of our growing success?
We are looking for new trustees.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining how you would contribute to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can always get involved by volunteering with us at The Garden. Please see our Volunteering Page.